Maitland Morning Monitor – Friday 10 August 2018
The FTSE is expected to open up; the German DAX and French CAC both opened flat.
Asia-Pacific shares took a downturn due to continuing tension between China and the US.
Top Financial Announcements* Maitland Client
Diageo PLC Diageo Share Repurchase Programme
- The Company announced the first tranche of its share buyback programme for a value of up to £1.4bn.
- The Board previously approved a programme to return up to £2bn to shareholders during the financial year ending 30 June 2019.
- The Company confirms the completed acquisition of home communications comparison business Decision Technologies.
- The Group announced the signing of a $175m issue of US Private Placement notes.
- Proceeds from the notes will be used for the repayment of existing indebtedness, with any remainder being used for general corporate purposes.
- NAV per share increased 6.7%.
- Net return of 12.7%.