Maitland Morning Monitor – Tuesday 13 February 2018
The FTSE 100 is expected to open higher, while the Dax and Cac are expected to open lower.
In the Asia-Pacific region, Hong Kong's HSI was up, and Japan's Nikkei 225 was down overnight.
In the news
- Barclays charged for second time over Qatari cash injection in crisis (Financial Times)
- RBS scandal report leaked online in defiance of City Watchdog (The Times)
- Oxfam workers 'offered aid for sex' (The Daily Telegraph)
Top Financial Announcements* Maitland Client
TUI AG* 1st Quarter Results
- Turnover at constant currency up 9.1% per cent to 3.58bn euros.
- Underlying EBITA at constant currency up 57.9% to a seasonal loss of 25.4m euros.
- Summer 2018 has started well. The programme is 35% sold, in line with prior year, with revenues up 8% and bookings up 6%.
- Remain positioned to deliver underlying EBITA growth of at least 10% in FY2018.
- Fritz Joussen, CEO, said: “Q1 2018 has shown that TUI is on track, we continue to grow. Following three consecutive years of double-digit earnings growth, we are aiming to deliver similarly strong growth in 2018. That is why we are delighted about our very good Q1 performance.”