Maitland/AMO Morning Monitor – Thursday 2 January 2020
In the news
- Economists predict little change for UK growth in 2020
- UK chip group Imagination Technologies strikes new Apple deal
- Google AI system beats doctors in detection tests for breast cancer
Stock market moves
Corporate announcements* Maitland Client
CRH PLC Chairman Transition and Board Retirement
- Mr. Richie Boucher has become Chairman of the CRH Board on 1 January 2020.
- He will be succeeding Mr. N. Hartery who stepped down from the Board on 31 December 2019.
- Mr. Boucher, Chairman, said: “I would like to thank Nicky for his excellent stewardship of the CRH Board during his tenure as Chairman and for his commitment to CRH as a non-executive Director since 2004, during which time he also held the roles of Senior Independent Director and Remuneration Committee Chairman. I and my Board colleagues wish him well in the future.”