Maitland/AMO Morning Monitor – Tuesday 31 December 2019
The FTSE, CAC and DAX are all expected to open down this morning.
In Asia markets are mixed, with the Nikkei and Hang Seng down, and the Shanghai Composite having closed up.
In the news
- Former Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn said he "escaped injustice" after leaving Japan where he faced a trial
- Huawei has reported a surge in its revenue this year despite intense efforts by the Trump administration to shut it out of western markets.
The political day
- The national living wage is to rise by 6.2% in what the government says is "the biggest cash increase ever"
- Jeremy Corbyn has urged Labour to lead "the resistance" to Boris Johnson's Conservative government
Top Financial Announcements* Maitland Client
CLS Holdings PLC Sale of the UK regional office portfolio
- CLS announces the sale of a portfolio of 19 regional offices in the UK for an aggregate cash consideration of c.£65.0m to Singaporean investment firm Elite Capital Partners.
- Following the completion of this transaction, CLS will hold only two assets in the UK located outside of the South East.
- Fredrik Widlund, CEO, said: “This transaction is a significant step in implementing our strategy of focusing our UK portfolio on London and the South East office markets, a region in which we remain confident of the long-term prospects. We continue to see significant opportunities for acquisitions across our core markets and this transaction will allow us to recycle capital to capitalise on those opportunities.”