Maitland/AMO Morning Monitor – Tuesday 31 December 2019
In the news
- Former Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn said he "escaped injustice" after leaving Japan where he faced a trial
- Huawei has reported a surge in its revenue this year despite intense efforts by the Trump administration to shut it out of western markets.
- The national living wage is to rise by 6.2% in what the government says is "the biggest cash increase ever"
- Jeremy Corbyn has urged Labour to lead "the resistance" to Boris Johnson's Conservative government
Stock market moves
Corporate announcements* Maitland Client
CLS Holdings PLC Sale of the UK regional office portfolio
- CLS announces the sale of a portfolio of 19 regional offices in the UK for an aggregate cash consideration of c.£65.0m to Singaporean investment firm Elite Capital Partners.
- Following the completion of this transaction, CLS will hold only two assets in the UK located outside of the South East.
- Fredrik Widlund, CEO, said: “This transaction is a significant step in implementing our strategy of focusing our UK portfolio on London and the South East office markets, a region in which we remain confident of the long-term prospects. We continue to see significant opportunities for acquisitions across our core markets and this transaction will allow us to recycle capital to capitalise on those opportunities.”