Investindustrial announces acquisition of a majority stake in Flos
Investindustrial, the Pan-European Private Equity Group, announced the acquisition of a majority stake in Flos.
Investindustrial, which is currently involved in a contested bid situation in France for Club Mediterannée, has been a Maitland/AMO client since 2010. Other significant acquisitions and disposals of Investindustrial include Ducati (sale to Volkswagen), Avincis (sale to Babcock International), the acquisition of a stake in Aston Martin and the sale of a 50% stake in Portaventura to KKR. Flos is a high quality, northern-Italian family business and a luxury and design brand recognized at a world-wide level for its leadership in residential and architectural lighting. Flos is supporting fast-moving retail brands, hospitality clients, corporate clients as well as arts and cultures institutes in developing their lighting concepts around the world. Key accounts include Inditex-Zara, Mango, Ferragamo, Hugo Boss, Nespresso, Céline, Giorgio Armani, Dior, Brioni and Berluti. The company also provides lighting solutions to prestigious fashion brands such as Louis Vuitton, Ermenegildo Zegna, Michael Kors, Jimmy Choo and Missoni, and to famous hotels like Bulgari, Rocco Forte and Intercontinental. The transaction value was not disclosed.
About the Author
Also by this Author
- The modern corporate world
- Corporate reputation more important than ever when it comes to stock market valuations, finds new research from AMO, the leading international strategic advisory network
- Oxfam scandal: It’s never the crime, it’s the cover-up – why keeping things quiet does more harm than good
- The London Stock Exchange is shrinking: Why the capital needs to float more IPO boats
- London’s enduring strength