Partner for Western and Central Europe specialises in helping Western European clients to communicate with Anglo-Saxon markets and vice versa
David has more than 20 years of experience advising European, American, Middle Eastern and Asian companies in efforts to communicate with their stakeholders through globally-influential English-language and European media in M&A, crisis, profile raising, ECM or activist shareholder defence situations.
David has worked on more than 50 equity capital market transactions (IPOs, SPOs, privatisations, spin-offs, rights issues) across all Western European markets, as well as Russia, Eastern Europe, China, Hong Kong and Saudi Arabia, that together raised more than $150bn.
He also worked on over 150 agreed, contested and hostile cross-border M&A transactions with a combined deal value of above $350bn.
David’s profile raising and investor relations clients experience includes successful long-term positioning programmes for many European and Asian clients from across a broad range of sectors.
David also has extensive experience in working with companies defending themselves against activist investors.
David is bi-lingual English-German and speaks French and Spanish.
Articles by David Stürken
- Is Generation Z’s attitude to luxury an indication of the future of the luxury industry post COVID-19?
- AMO Insight – Corporate Communications in an environment of shifting sands.
- Report from the first annual Condé Nast Luxury summit, Florence
- Maitland/AMO advises CVC on the IPO of its portfolio company, Sunrise Communications
- Management of China National Railways (CNR) completes its IPO on HKEX with celebratory dinner